Monitoring with Instruments
OpsMezzo instruments is built on-top of Godot adding reactor primitives for orchestrating cloud applications:
Figure 1: High level Instruments architecture
OpsMezzo instruments adds reactors for handling common operations and monitoring tasks such as:
- Network monitoring: Concerned about network or HTTP latency? We've got you covered.
- Server and application provisioning: Wouldn't you like to just scale your app instead of telling your ops team to scale your app?
- SSH: Run arbitrary processes on demand to respond to incidents.
- Process monitoring: Notify your team through alerting tools when crashes occur.
- Configuring Instruments Agents
- Predefined Metrics & Events
- High Performance Multiplexing
- Understanding Streams
- Writing Custom Instrument Reactors
Lets consider how the above example, emailing your ops team on high CPU load, could be handled with Instruments:
Figure 3: Data-flow for emailing your ops team on high CPU load
Automating these common tasks frees up your developers and operations engineers to handle higher-level more important problems like building your application and your business.